Sunday, May 31, 2009

An at home Kee-Kee

Hello All! Looks like I will never catch up on these blogs. Just not enough time. For those of you who read my last entry, you know I traveled back to my home state to celebrate mother's day with my mother. When I am at home, I stay with my grandmother basically because that's where I am most comfortable when I go home. My grandmother just like so many others, has a hand in raising her grandchildren. She has been raising children for a very long time. Her oldest child is 50 years old. Now she keeps my two youngest cousins while her daughter is at work, Wesley, 9 years old, and Terilyn, 1 year, 5 months old.

For the couple of days I was home, Terilyn was the first thing I would see in the morning. She would greet me by climbing in the bed and popping me in the head as hard as she could. I flipped her ass on the floor the first morning she bopped my ass. But just like the rest of us she is a fighter. She didn't cry, picked her self up and kept it moving like nothing happened. She has just started to get a grasp on the English language. Shit, I'm 28 and barely got a grasp on it. She can say candy, bread, dog, meat, drink, you know little simple things. Its so cute. I am so amazed. I miss out on so much.

Anyways, on the last day of my visit, she comes in the room but this time I am already awake. I say hey Terilyn, she says hey and waves her hand. I am watching the news and she glances at the tv for a bit. At that point I can smell that she has messed her diaper. I say, "Terilyn, you stink." She looks at me smiles and walks off. Two minutes later, she comes back pullling my grandmother by the hand. My grandmother is lost saying what, what do you want little girl?? I'm still laying in the bed. Terilyn and my grandmother are now standing at the foot of the bed. Terilyn looks at me, then she looks at my grandmother and says..........

"I shitted."

I KEY- KEEEYED!!!!!! I know she learned that language from my grandmother. She is a curser. We all learned it from her. Even she had to laugh at that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment