Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lets see

Hello All,

Once again I've spent too much time away from this blog. Another year is quickly coming to an end and life has finally started to give me some breathing room.

Since my last post I am now a Doctor of Pharmacy. This little country boy has made good! I have been slowly and steadily preparing for my board exam. Two of what I thought were my good good friends from pharmacy school have been bullshitting around with me. I asked for board review materials from them and one took her sweet time getting me the material and the other still hasn't given me shit. Then I decided to apply for a pharmacy residency and asked them both for recommendations since they are Doctor's and shit. They both said yeah. One of them asked me to "send them something" I guess to get them started. What kind of shit is that?

That was crazy to me. This friend has two degree's but wants me to "send her something" to get her started. I've started to think that she doesn't want to write it for me. I wish she would just say that, let me be pissed for a while and then find someone else to write it. The recommendation is due in less than a month!

So I have also jumped back into my shitty CVS job. As much as I would like to quit; it is a paying job and I need it to try to pay the $1000 for my boards and also balance paying rent in February. Those muthafucka's don't know that I am going to silently pass these board exams and never show the fuck back up. I also have to find another job and for a profession that is supposedly "in demand" and "in a current shortage" the jobs in this area seem to be scarce or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places for a job. I blame it on having two pharmacy schools in the area who turn out around 200 or so graduates per year. Hopefully doing a residency will give me another edge above the competition.

I am so happy right now. I wonder how long will this feeling last. Happiness is something that never seems to last long with me. A little over a year ago on a trip to New York, I got my first tattoo. I was down in the village with my best friend Sebastian when I got the overwhelming urge to get a tattoo.

I had tattooed to my left arm the Chinese symbols for love and happiness. I figured that as long as it is attached to my body I'd always have it.

Wish me luck. Smoochies!!!!

2 comments:

  1. be safe child. and keep ur head above the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!! But first congratulations on getting the Dr. degree. Everytime I go to CVS in DC I think of you and wonder if the Pharmacist I happen to glance at (the cute ones only) are you. Anywhoo, you're doing big things big things await you. Missed ya while you were gone --don't be gone so long:) Happy New Years! Do tell where you'll be when the ball drops?

    ReplyDelete