Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Forced

Hello all,

Looks like my time here in Maryland is quickly coming to an end. I had planned on moving to Atlanta by the end of the year but once again it looks like my plans are being derailed. It looks like I may have to make a detour back to my hometown in Alabama. Why you ask? My finances are drying up and looks like I will be flat broke by the beginning of October. I still don't have a job despite the numerous interview's I've been on. I have two degrees, one of which is a doctorate. What the fuck???

Lets go through some numbers.

I left Alabama in August 2004 to attend the historic Howard University in our nation's capital of Washington, DC.

I lived in DC for 5 months before moving into my own apartment in Maryland.

I've lived in this apartment for 5 years, 6 months, and 7 days.

I finished all requirements for my degree on December 16, 2009. That's 5 years, 4 months and 1 day after arriving at Howard University.

I received my degree on May 8 2010. That's 5 years 8 months and 23 days after my arrival.

I received notice that all of my board requirements were satisfied on June 17, 2009

On June 21, 2010, I interviewed for a pharmacist posistion at an independent pharmacy and as offered the job on the spot. I showed up on June 25th for training and thought my career was off to a great beginning.

I received my license to practice pharmacy on June 29, 2010.

It took me two weeks to find out that they were just stringing me alone and only wanted me to fill in on an as needed basis.

So, what is a pharmacy doctor to do with themselves now? Start the job looking process all over again. I checked newspapers and the internet for open posistions. I soon found out that pharmacist posistions are never advertised via newspaper and are only by word of mouth and a few internet ads. And all the publications say pharmacy is an occupation that is in demand. LOL!!!!

I have been interviewing weekly for some company or another since the 9th day of July. The independent pharmacy gave me 5 hours in July and so far only 1 day this month. I am also scheduled tommorrow so that's 2 days.

I can't support myself like that. I begged for August rent and am praying that September rent shows up at some point.

I am giving it until the end of September for something to come through. I don't have a choice. Its either put in a 30 day notice to my apartment complex or be evicted when it is starting to turn cold here.

This recession shit is real. I've been out of high school for 11 years, 2 months and 7 days. In that span of time, I've earned 2 degrees but still don't have shit to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment