Monday, June 28, 2010

My last few days of freedom

Hello All,

Things are truly looking good for yours truly. As you all know, I have been stressing about taking my board exam since April. Well, I took it on June 15. After it was over I didn't feel any better about it than when I took it in March. I studied hard. I used a wealth of study aids: GOD, APhA, Kaplan Qbank, Exam Master, Kaplan notes, etc. I studied for this exam like it was a full time job, from sun up to sun down. I was totally exhausted. I took a pre-test about a week before the actual thing and despite not finishing the last 5 questions I scored a 94. This test is very predictive of what you will score on the actual exam and to my surprise it was very accurate. I scored a 93 on the actual exam!!! I prayed nightly to pass this exam and sent everyone in my phone a text message to add me to their nightly prayers cause I truly believe in the power of prayer and dear GOD, it worked.

I got my exam results two days after I took the exam. I cried, I shouted, I sang church songs, I shouted some more. I hadn't been this happy in a long time. I told my grandma and before I could really say what was happening she was shouting and had passed the phone on to one of my aunts. I called my mom who was at work and she had to go outside crying. My family was so relieved.

Today marks the 13th day since I took the exam and 11 days since I got my results. I am currently waiting to receive my license from the state board of pharmacy and it can't get here quick enough. I already have a job and they are itching to put me on the schedule and I am itching to make some real money. I've waited a long time for this.

So, it looks like my days of sleeping in are coming to an end. I think I'll be upset until that money rolls in!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment